We expect our swimmers to compete in Galas when selected as this is the culmination of training and where they reap their rewards.
- Swimmers can be selected for Galas from the date of their 9th Birthday onwards, Gala's are organised by age group.
- Swimmers will be given advanced notice of when they have been selected for Gala events to represent the club.
- Galas can either be at our home venue (Rochdale) or at others sites, where travel is required a coach will be organised by Rochdale Swimming Club, swimmers are expected to arrive in time for the listed departure schedules for travel.
- Representation for the club is not a permanent place, swimmers must maintain their technique and pace, whilst displaying a team ethos, correct discipline and behaviours at club training nights.
- Swimmer selection is the final decision of the Team manager.
We encourage any swimmer not selected for a Gala to attend as a spectator to provide support to your fellow club members, team spirit does not stop at the water, poolside support is important to encouraging your clubs success.
Established: 1868 one of the longest running Swimming Clubs in Great Britain